Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Trip to Niagara Fall

As 24, 25, 26-May-08 (Memorial Day holiday) was long weekend, we decided to visit Niagara Fall. We includes: Nilang, Keval, Kunal, Hardeep, Pravin, Naveen, Sanjay and myself.

Planning:
Earlier we were planning to rent a Car and drive it. But then where were few hurdles like the rented Van can accomodate only 7 people. And we were 8. And since all were not driving we were not able to rent two cars. Which seemed to be lucrative option as cheaper and comfortable compare to 7 ppl in one van. Finally we decided to go by bus. Kunal booked our ticket on gotobus.com . I bought Haldiram Namkin packets for trip.

Trip Day:
Reached Bus Stop at Top Quality Food Plaza [828 Rt 46 W]
As the route of bus was via Parsippany, all decided to meet at my house and then go to bus stop. For, Kunal New York was near and easier to commute, so he went to New York. Pravin came to my house previous night. On Saturday morning at 8 o'clock, Nilang, Keval, Sanjay, Praving, Hardeep came to my house. I drove three frnds to bus stop and parked my Car at sister's house. My room partner Nirav dropped remaining 4 to bus stop. He also picked me up from my sister's house.

Bus Journey:
We started at 9:15am by bus. Actually bus was waiting for us only. As soon as we get into bus, it started. It was 2X2 coach with 58 seats. Ours were last 8 seats. Bus was full of desis. Out of 58, almost 48 were desis. And bus was of Chinese Travel Agency called "Happy Vacations". Seems desis need to venture into travels ;-)
Guide was chinese guy named Leo. We took first break at almost 12:15pm. Bus stopped at Burger King(BK). It looked like small BK was filled with tourist of 4 buses. I forgot to mention but there were almost 5 buses that were running parallely on same route. There were queue everywhere for food, for restrooms :) So we went to Subway, at distance of 5 mins walk.

Remaining will write later.

No comments: